Matt “M-Eighty” Markf has worked with Wu-Tang Clan for years. Most recently, the A&R extraordinaire has been helping craft a new Ghostface Killah album titled The Lost Tapes, which he executive produced.
Now, the Indiana native has shared the tracklist and release date for the album exclusively with HipHopDX. The stacked project features 13 tracks boasting guest spots from Snoop Dogg, E-40, KXNG Crooked, Planet Asia, Big Daddy Kane, Cappadonna, Raekwon and Sheek Louch, among others.
It’s produced by legendary underground producer Big Ghost, who many believe is actually Ghostface operating under an alias but Markf insists he’s a real person.
“This new Ghostface and Big Ghost album is definitely something that is going to blow the minds Wu-Tang and Hip Hop fans alike,” Markf explained to HipHopDX. “Our collective goal in calling it The Lost Tapes was to bring fans back to that Ironman/Supreme Clientele/Cuban Linx era.
“We set out to revive that, update it for 2018 and just like that, we have a certified 2018 Wu-Tang banger on our hands.”
He adds, “This album is exactly what Hip Hop needs in 2018 and thankfully, it’s coming from one the game’s greatest storytellers and a supporting cast certified legends.”
To kick f the album’s rollout, the team has dropped the first single, “Saigon Velour,” featuring Snoop Dogg and E-40.
In addition to the 13 original tracks, the project also includes five bonus remixes “Saigon Velour” and “I Think I Saw A Ghost.”
The Lost Tapes is expected to arrive on October 5 and will receive a limited edition physical format treatment courtesy M-Eighty’s Holy Toledo Productions imprint and the UK’s Daupe! Media.
Pre-orders for the album are available here. The first 1,000 CDs include an autographed poster from Ghostface himself, a bonus EP and more.
Check out the tracklist below.
- Introduction f. Michael Rappaport
- Buckingham Palace f. KXNG Crooked, Benny The Butcher & .38 Spesh
- Majestic Accolades f. Planet Asia & Hus Kingpin
- Cold Crush f. LA The Darkman, Ras Kass, Chris Rivers & Harley
- Put The Ghostface On It Interlude 1]
- Saigon Velour f. Snoop Dogg & E-40
- Constant Struggle f. Killah Priest & Bishop Lamont
- Done It Again f. Big Daddy Kane, Cappadonna, Styliztik Jones & Harley
- Reflections Of C.R.E.A.M. Interlude 2]
- Watch ‘Em Holla f. Raekwon, Masta Killah, Cappadonna & DJ Grouch
- I Think I Saw A Ghost f. Sheek Louch, Vic Spencer, Reignwold & Luke Holland
- Outroduction f. Michael Rappaport
- Saigon Velour Remix] f. Snoop Dogg, E-40 & Tricky